Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Freedom Festival

On Monday we went to the Provo Freedom Festival Parade. The Parade started at 9 AM but we were there much earlier. Matt and I had decided that we would go camp out and save spots for the parade. Normally we would not do this but kids make you do some crazy things!!! We got to Center Street at 3:30 AM and camped next to the "Honey Bucket" don't let the name fool you! You were not allowed to put your stuff out until 5 AM so you have to just hang around the spot you are trying to claim. After telling about 5 different groups of people that we are taking this area, the cops telling you that you need to move your stuff off the grass because it is too early, being freezing cold, and making sure your babies are snuggled and warm enough you really start to get delirious! Finally at 4:45 AM we were able to put all of our stuff out. Just when we thought we were in the clear and could get some rest a yelling fight breaks out next to us! Here are the boys sound asleep through it all!!!

Matt and I decided to give up on sleep altogether...slowly our family began to get there and then the parade started. That place was insane! After the parade we went to walk around. We checked out the booths, ate, and rode rides. I did not do a good job of taking pics. Blame it on the lack of sleep...here are a couple of the rides though.



We were so, so, so tired by the end of the day. Was it worth it? YES! It was all for the kids and the memories. Thanks to my wonderful hubby for dealing with me when I got to that past tired point and laughed hysterically in the early morning hours. Thanks to Jon & Tiff's family, the Shah's, and the Lui's for joining in on the fun.

1 comment:

  1. JESSICA LUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!! My long lost friend. HOw ARE YOU???? I cant believe what I am seeing on your blog... I am so happy to have found you and even more mad that my sister didnt tell me you were on here and you didnt either :) I miss you and want to hear all about you new life!! How, when, and everything!!!!!

    Hope your doing great,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete