Have you ever been somewhere and you see a lady doing something that you swear you will never do in your entire life? For example the lady that decides to breastfeed in public and not be so discreet. She claims its natural. I say yeah your baby has to eat but seriously get a damn blanket! So, where am I going with this post? A reality check for myself because before becoming a mom I said I would never do these things and couldn't understand....now i totally understand and can even sympathize (I KNOW I AM P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C). So here is the run down of things that I have become....
1) I am "that lady" you see in the grocery store who lets her kid open a bag of m&m's and by the time I get to the check out it's just an empty bag...yes I am "that lady"
2) I am "that lady" at the restaurant who barricades her child in the booth. All while my child is screaming, clanking the silverware, and has some sort of food smeared across his face and refuses to let me assist in feeding him. I am "that lady" that gets dirty looks from the other customers. I am "that lady" that the servers say I am so glad that is not my table. I am "that lady" who thinks this is a GREAT and RELAXING dinner!
3) I am "that lady" who allows her son to wear sunglasses wherever we go. In fact I almost encourage it...why? For some reason the sunglasses seem to have some magical powers that calm my crazy son. So whether it is inside or out, sun up or sun down I am "that lady" who lets her kid wear sunglasses regardless.
4) I am "that lady" who takes a 1 1/2 year old to the movies (I know WTF)! During the movie he watches for 10 minutes, decides he wants to run a marathon in the theater, has screaming fits followed by laughter as he sees his mom starting to sweat out of embarrassment, and trying to keep composed...I am "that lady" who goes in and out of the movie every 10 minutes. I am "that lady" who just ruined your movie and in the back of my mind thinks that wasn't so bad...maybe he will do better in Toy Story 3.
So yeah I have become "that lady" and I have realized it. I can PROUDLY say I have never been or will be the "breastfeeding lady"! Hey, I am only one lady and can't have all the fun. I know I say this a lot but it's a good thing Sesi is so cute or else...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha!! I love this Jess!! hilarious!!!!! I cant believe your a momma and i love this post, Im for sure going to be like that too!!
ReplyDelete